Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father Quotes

Happy Fathers Day Scrap
Quote 1: When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
William Shakespeare 
Quote 2: It is a wise father that knows his own child.
William Shakespeare 
Quote 3: When one has not had a good father, one must create one.
Friedrich Nietzsche 
Quote 4: To be a successful father… there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years.
Ernest Hemingway 
Quote 5: I made a decision when my father passed away that I was going to be who God made me to be and not try to preach like my father.
Joel Osteen 
Quote 6: She got her looks from her father. He’s a plastic surgeon.
Groucho Marx 
Quote 7: I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.
Sigmund Freud
Quote 8: I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.
W. C. Fields
Quote 9: You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s.
Robert Frost
Quote 10: I bet after seeing us, George Washington would sue us for calling him “father.”
Will Rogers
Quote 11: Nothing I’ve ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.
Bill Cosby 
Quote 12: My father was not a failure. After all, he was the father of a president of the United States.
Harry S. Truman 
Quote 13: When I was a boy I used to do what my father wanted. Now I have to do what my boy wants. My problem is: When am I going to do what I want?
Sam Levenson  
Quote 14: To he who avenges a father, nothing is impossible.
Pierre Corneille 
Quote 15: My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.
Marlo Thomas 
Quote 16: My father was afraid of his father, I was afraid of my father, and I don’t see why my children shouldn’t be afraid of me.
Lord Mountbatten 
Quote 17: I was just studying with my father, a very difficult task for me since he was a great, great Qawwali singer.
Nusrat F. A. Khan 
Quote 18: It is impossible to please all the world and one’s father.
Jean de La Fontaine 
Quote 19: My father used to say, ‘Let them see you and not the suit. That should be secondary.’
Cary Grant 
Quote 20: Be able to confide your innermost secrets to your mother and your innermost fears to your father.
Marilyn vos Savant 
Quote 21: I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well..
Alexander the Great 
Quote 22: Doubt is the father of invention.
Ambrose Bierce 
Quote 23: To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.
Euripides 
Quote 24: And my dad, you’re a great actor but you’re a better father.
Angelina Jolie 
Quote 25: I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus Christ 
Quote 26: As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Jesus Christ 
Quote 27: My father always used to say that when you die, if you’ve got five real friends, then you’ve had a great life.
Lee Iacocca 
Quote 28: My father was a statesman, I am a political woman. My father was a saint. I am not.
Indira Gandhi 
Quote 29: My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
Jim Valvano 
Quote 30: Perhaps host and guest is really the happiest relation for father and son.
Evelyn Waugh 
Quote 31: It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
Pope John XXIII 
Quote 32: My father never raised his hand to any one of his children, except in self-defense.
Fred Allen 
Quote 33: The time not to become a father is eighteen years before a war.
E. B. White
Quote 34: The child is father of the man.
William Wordsworth
Quote 35: I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in fifty years what my father taught me by example in one week.
Mario Cuomo 
Quote 36: A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez 
Quote 37: Whenever I fail as a father or husband… a toy and a diamond always works.
Shahrukh Khan 
Quote 38: There’s really no point in having children if you’re not going to be home enough to father them.
Anthony Edwards
Quote 39: If necessity is the mother of invention, it’s the father of cooperation.
John Ashcroft 
Quote 40: The purpose of my life is being a father to my kids and being a husband to my wife.
Terrence Howard
Quote 41: It’s hard when your father’s the coach. Sometimes you don’t know where one leaves off and the other begins.
Pete Maravich 
Quote 42: It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
Anne Sexton 
Quote 43: It is much easier to become a father than to be one.
Kent Nerburn 
Quote 44: We call the Creator father, because we rely upon Him to protect us, guide us, feed us, keep us warm, to discipline us and all those things. I try to take my cue from the Creator, with regard to my children.
Terrence Howard 
Quote 45: Not every father gets a chance to start his son off in his own footsteps.
Alan Ladd 
Quote 46: My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
Clarence Budington Kelland 
Quote 47: A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
Enid Bagnold 
Quote 48: Nobody ever asks a father how he manages to combine marriage and a career.
Sam Ewing
Quote 49: The worst misfortune that can happen to an ordinary man is to have an extraordinary father.
Austin O’Malley 
Quote 50: One father is enough to govern one hundred sons, but not a hundred sons one father.
George Herbert 
Quote 51: A father’s disappointment can be a very powerful tool.
Michael Bergin 
Quote 52: One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.
George Herbert 
Quote 53: The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore Hesburgh 
Quote 54: An angry father is most cruel towards himself.
Publilius Syrus 
Quote 55: The one thing that I have done really well in my life is be a father.
Peter Jennings 
 Quote 56: That is the thankless position of the father in the family – the provider for all, and the enemy of all.
August Strindberg 
Quote 57: Poverty may be the mother of crime, but lack of good sense is the father.
Jean de la Bruyere 
Quote 58: There will always be a father.
Gary Gilmore 
Quote 59: I have a Father’s Day every day.
Dennis Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment